The HansOn One Handed Keyboard was created to allow all five fingers to be used for typing. Its customizable for both right and left handed users as well as for any size hands. Being able to type efficiently and comfortably is the heart of the design and function. Adjustments should be made based on the comfort and ease of use while holding the Tablet PC with the free hand.
The App is a stand alone program and does not sync with the iOS keyboard preferences. Make sure to use the COPY button to copy all the texts to transfer onto the desired app.
**The default size and angle are ideal for the average hand size. One can always go back to the default setting in the “Setting” menu by pressing “Reset”.**
1. Tap on the “Setting” button on the top of the screen or directly from the “Setting” icon on the keyboard if you wish to customize the keyboard interface. Otherwise start at #3.
2. Adjust to desired size, position, angle (make sure when adjusting, that your hand and wrist are aligned with the keyboard while on the “home keys”) and left or right handed use. One should be able to spread their fingers out completely and be able to tap the SHIFT key with the thumb and simultaneously the ^ ~ \ Key with the pinky finger comfortably. Make sure to leave at least 0.5cm of space from the keyboard to the edge of the screen.
3. The “Home key position” are:
Thumb: SPACE button
2nd,3rd,4th,5th digits: Spread along the middle row from E to “.” keys.
4. The letter placements are based on the “frequency of letters used” in the English language and finger dominance and comfort. Those being, from most to least used: “e t a o i n s r h l d c u m f p g w y b v k x j q z”
The outer and inner rows consist of consonants while the middle row has the vowels in a simple AEIOUY configuration. 70% of the most frequently used letters are near the index and middle finger position.
5. The center four buttons consists of:
*LEFT and RIGHT arrow keys
*COPY all button to copy all the texts
*HIDE keyboard icon to remove the keyboard from the screen. Tap the screen to have it reappear.
6. The Clear button clears all text on the screen.
7. The Fn key is color coded to correspond with the symbols on the keyboard.
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! The HansOn One Handed Keyboard is easy to use, but like any other data input devices, practice is needed to become proficient.
KNOWN ISSUE: DO NOT REST YOUR PALM ON THE SCREEN WHILE TYPING. This will cause incorrect letter input.